Thursday, November 6, 2014

Old School Charm: My Thanksgiving Table


Welcome back! Today I'm sharing a little peek at our eat-in kitchen all dressed up for Thanksgiving. 

We don't really do fancy dinners at our house. Most days, we're more plastic cup and paper napkin people (Al Gore, if you're reading this, my apologies to the polar bears. We recycle, I promise!). Every once in a while, though, it's nice to go all out.


For Thanksgiving this year, I decided to go a little old school. As in, using vintage textbooks and literature in my decor. 


Autumn always makes me think of back to school season, and I thought it would be fun to add a bit of that spirit to my Thanksgiving table. 

I may be slightly obsessed with vintage books, and I have them lying around in just about every room in our house. What better way to add "old school" charm than with a collection of vintage books? So, I created the runner from a selection I had on hand. I added some antique brass candle holders and hurricanes, and some mercury glass votive holders. I also threw in some dried leaves for color, texture, and seasonal flair. 









For the place settings, I layered gold chargers with white and jewel tone plates and neutral linen napkins (donated by my mother who may or may not ever see them again. Thanks, Mom!)



The hutch got a festive fall makeover, as well. I kept it pretty neutral and added some mixed metals for a little sparkle. 







I hope you enjoyed our "old school" Thanksgiving table. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    Beautiful job...you have real talent sweetie! Your creativity shines in your blog. So glad we can enjoy it in pictures since we are too far to enjoy in person. Wish we lived closer, so we could have fun shopping for neat finds for your lovely home "cottage".

    Xoxo Aunt Kim & Grandma Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old school look! And of course that amazing typewriter!

    ReplyDelete