Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Our little Bug's nursery

When we found out we were having a baby boy, I knew I wanted a room he could grow into. I wanted to keep it clean, simple and uncluttered. So, I decided to go with a vintage "gentleman of the world" theme.


Behind the crib, we hung a vintage pull-down map of the Western hemisphere. Adorable, no? And then he learned to stand/destroy everything within arms reach when he's supposed to be napping. Lesson learned.   




See that antique steamer trunk in the corner? It has a secret. Inside is a very unfortunate looking mini-fridge that we use to store bottles for Buggy Boy's middle of the night milk cravings (although there may or may not be a string cheese or two hiding in there for Momma. No judging.)

 


Those baby Nikes used to belong to Justin. I love that his mom kept them all these years and very graciously gave them to us when we found out we were expecting. I couldn't resist finding a spot for them in Buggy Boy's room.


 I made the pinwheel mobile out of scrapbook paper and an embroidery hoop.





Justin built a long cubby shelf to fit perfectly under the window and house all of Buggy Boy's unruly toys, puzzles and blankets. 


We hung vinyl gutters along the wall next to the glider to house our massive collection of books (This is only about half of them. We have to rotate them with the seasons. Hello, my name is Katie, and I am addicted to books).

  My grandfather built the wooden rocking horse for my brother and me when we were babies.



This is my favorite part of Buggy Boy's room. I found the wire display rack and basket at a flea market in town, and they added some much needed clothing storage. One holds often used items, like socks, pajamas (or jammie jams at our house), and sleep sacks, while the other functions as a hamper. I also found wire baskets at a local antique store and use them to store diapers and wipes. We hung them from a peg board painted with chalkboard paint to keep the clutter contained and away from curious hands.



The baby sized paddy caps we acquired before we even started trying to have a baby, because really, who doesn't need a collection of tiny jaunty hats in their life?



Here's hoping you have a day that is wild and free!


No comments:

Post a Comment